CLAS Consultant & Director of IA (Security)
“InfoSec People negotiated my current contract but over the period of 15 months the contract team has kept in regular contact ensuring I remained aware of new opportunities as they arose. In a nutshell Chris and the team go the extra mile and always makes sure you are up to date with the recruitment process and ensures you are not just another fish in a recruitment net with his very personable nature. I would recommend Chris and InfoSec People to anyone looking for their next role, where professional, thorough and good communication skills are the qualities you are looking for in a top class recruitment agency.”
Information Security Analyst, Coventry, £30-40k + benefits
Information Security Analyst, Coventry, £30-40k + package
InfoSec People, the IT Security recruitment specialists, are seeking an Information Security Analyst for a financial services company in Coventry.
This is a critical role within the Information Security Risk function, interfacing closely with the IT security, infrastructure and software development teams to ensure the protection of sensitive customer and business data. The company is continually developing its IT capability, particularly in the areas of cloud and IT systems compliance with industry regulations in order to protect the business from the evolving cyber threat landscape. You'll be working as part of an established, stable team of InfoSec practitioners, providing proactive advice and guidance to IT project teams to mitigate risks in the development and deployment of new technologies. That means you will be briefing technical and non-technical staff of all levels on potential threats and how they can be mitigated in line with the company's information security policies and processes.
We're looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate previous experience of working in an Information Security function, ideally within financial services. Individuals with a broad knowledge of security frameworks and standards, such as ISO27001, PCI DSS or NIST, and who have a broad knowledge of IT security tools and methods would be a very good fit for this role. Your knowledge of IT and the ability to communicate the need for robust processes, procedures and policies will be utilised across all business functions and give you exposure to a broad range of challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide Information Security expertise, advice and guidance to IT project teams
* Support, monitor and remediate Information Security issues alongside the IT Security team
* Contribute to the development and implementation of information security controls and policies as part of the wider InfoSec Management Strategy
* Oversee compliance with ISO27001, PCI DSS and other compliance frameworks, both internally and through 3rd party suppliers
* Build strong relationships with IT Security, infrastructure and software development teams
* Be visible as the point of contact for Information Security-related matters to all areas of the business
* Provide employee education and awareness training and ad hoc support in Information Security to senior staff members
Skills & Attributes Required
* 1-2 years commercial experience of working within an Information Security practice, ideally within financial services
* Knowledge of cyber security threats and mitigation tools and techniques, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, OWASP
* Strong all-round IT knowledge, both in infrastructure and application development
* Understanding of ISO27001, PCI DSS, NIST and other compliance frameworks
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts in a straightforward way to non-technical staff
* Strong presentation and documentation skills
* Well-organised with the ability to work autonomously and self-motivate
In return for your skills, a competitive salary of £30-40k is on offer, along with a good pension and benefits package. Training and professional development are guaranteed and there is a clear career path for you to move up within the Information Security function. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in Coventry. If you feel that this role would be of interest to you, please send your CV in response to this advertisement. Or you can call James Marklove, Senior Consultant at InfoSec People on 01242507104for a confidential discussion.
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2017-06-06 10:37:47
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.